Friday, July 25, 2008

Chick Flicks for the Gentlemen

She: What should we watch tonight, snugglepuss?
He: I rented Armageddon, Rocky, and Season 10 of South Park. And don't call me "snugglepuss".
She: Ohhh, ummm, hmmm. I heard Bridget Jones's Diary is good. How about that, doodlebug?
He: Eff that. Your choice in movies are almost as bad as your choice in pet names. Don't call me "doodlebug".
She: Well at least I don't fart in the grocery store then walk away quickly so that the people around us think it was me.
He: What?! That was once! And you were the one who farted.
She: Tee hee. I love you, muffintop.
He: I think it's time we broke up.

How do you prevent a catastrophe as horrific as this one? I don't know. But I believe all girlfriends have a responsibility to pick films that both sides will enjoy. Or guys can pick something from this list to win a couple points with his woman. And don't call her your "woman".

Chick Flicks that Guys will Dig

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Feminine: The love story. The wedding. Joey from *NSync.
Masculine: Testicle jokes.
I think the tumor monologue pretty much speaks for itself.

That Thing You Do

Feminine: The love story. The adorable guys. Tom Hanks.
Masculine: The band. Tom Hanks.
"How do you sell a chicken to a deaf guy?"

Love Actually

Feminine: Pretty much everything.
Masculine: The nudity. The humor. Bill Nighy.
This movie has been approved by every guy I have talked to.

When Harry met Sally

Feminine: Meg Ryan
Masculine: Billy Crystal
A classic. This movie set the bar for romantic comedies.

2 comments:

Zac said...

Any man who doesn't love "Love Actually" is worthless. Any woman who doesn't love it is horrible if she's ugly, but quirky if she's hot.

Anonymous said...

I think Joey from *NSync is also for the men. Right?