Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Alice in Wonderland

Whether you like his films or not, you can't deny that Tim Burton has a very clear director's vision. His latest film, Alice in Wonderland, will be in theaters in March 2010, but I'm already getting excited...


Is it just me, or does Johnny Depp's portrayal of The Mad Hatter look eerily like Elijah Wood? (I've labeled them in case you couldn't tell who was who.)

Johnny Depp

Elijah Wood

After seeing Matt Lucas on an episode of Kath & Kim...

He's the one on the left.

...I have to say, I'm a big big fan. And after watching him on The Graham Norton Show I'm an even bigger fan. So I'm pretty stoked that he's playing Tweedledee AND Tweedledum. Double the fun.


It also seems that there is a limited number of actors in England, so Alice in Wonderland will become a Harry Potter, Part II of sorts...

Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) will play The Red Queen



Sir Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) will be playing The Caterpillar


Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew, or Wormtail) plays The Bloodhound


Frances de la Tour (Madame Maxime) is Aunt Imogene

And there you have it! Who's down to see it with me?

No comments: